Camp Dreamcatcher has been providing free therapeutic and educational programs for HIV/AIDS infected and/or affected youth for over 20 years. We invite you to enter our site and learn more about our organization and the children and adolescents served by Camp Dreamcatcher. We offer a safe, accepting and loving community for children coping with HIV/AIDS.
2018 Camp Dreamcatcher
Camp this year will be Aug. 19-25, 2018 at Camp Saginaw. Camp forms for campers and volunteers are available – CLICK HERE!
Many thanks to Bombas, which just donated 250 pairs of socks for our campers! Bombas donates one pair of socks to a worthy cause for every pair they sell. We are very grateful to be the recipients of their genorosity!
In Memoriam – Brealey Fineberg
It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Brealey Fineberg, our Camp Dreamcatcher Hero and friend. Brealey died on April 30th at age 13 ½. Brealey was our Canine Therapist and he listened to the secrets and healed the hearts of hundreds of campers and volunteers. Click Here to read more about how Brealey left his pawprints on all of our hearts at Camp Dreamcatcher, or to make a donation in his honor.
Mark Your Calendars for the Kennett Lions Fright Feast to Benefit Camp Dreamcatcher!
Mark your calendars for this year’s Fright Feast on Saturday, October 20! The Fright Feast is a unique Halloween themed evening of food and fun to raise funds for worthy causes and organizations in our community. It’s an eerily enchanting evening to enjoy delicious food from Serock Catering, open bar for beer and wine, a costume contest with prizes, and lots of other fun activities. Entertainment will be provided by Blue Sky Band. CLICK HERE for details, tickets, and sponsorship information!
Our Annual Summer Celebration Event Was a Big Success!
Trivia Night to Benefit Camp Dreamcatcher
Join us for Trivia Night at Kennett Brewing Company with Rob Mastrippolito… complete with bad jokes and prizes. Come support Camp Dreamcatcher!
June 12, 2018
Kennett Brewing Company
109 S. Broad St., Suite 2, Kennett Square, PA. Phone: (610) 444-0440
Is HIV/AIDS Still a Problem?
One of the most frequent questions Camp Dreamcatcher gets about camp is: “Is HIV still really an issue??” As the most recent reports from the CDC show (see links below), the answer is “Yes!” These articles have nationwide stats and breakdowns, and indicate some alarming trends. Help us get the word out, and help people to understand that while treatments have gotten better, HIV/AIDS continues to be a problem.
AALAS Serves: Fighting HIV/AIDS: Educate, Advocate, and Eradicate by Letitia R. Cheatham appeared in the AALAS membership magazine, Laboratory Animal Science Professional, December 2017, and is reprinted by permission.
Camp Dreamcatcher 2017 Camp Week
We had another great week at Camp Dreamcatcher this year! Click the photo at right for a look back at some of the highlights! And of course we couldn’t have done it without all our wonderful volunteers and supporters – everyone at Camp Dreamcatcher thanks you sincerely!
About Charlotte’s Circle
Charlotte Bartlett, who was instrumental in encouraging Patty Hillkirk to create Camp Dreamcatcher in 1995, passed away recently. Charlotte’s spirit touched many hearts, and it is our hope to capture that spirit in “Charlotte’s Circle,” which will support the therapeutic programs and services offered by Camp Dreamcatcher. Click Here for Details!
Camp Dreamcatcher Is Now an Official KidCents Charity!
KidCents is a program created by The Rite Aid Foundation that allows Rite Aid customers to round up their purchases to the nearest dollar and donate their change to help support kid-focused charities. Camp Dreamcatcher will now be listed as an official KidCents charity on kidcents.com. Through KidCents, Rite Aid customers can elect to round up their Rite Aid purchases and donate their change to an official KidCents charity!
For information on how you can sign up for the Rite Aid wellness + with Plenti program to help Camp Dreamcatcher, just visit http://www.kidcents.com and click the blue “Start rounding up today” button on the left. Signing up is quick and easy! Then all you have to do is shop at Rite Aid, and all your purchases will be rounded up to the nearest dollar, with your change going to help the kids at Camp Dreamcatcher. For detailed signup instructions, Click Here.
Pura Vida, which makes bracelets in Costa Rica, has designed a special Camp Dreamcatcher bracelet! Order yours now for $6 ($5 each for orders of 2 or more). Click Here!
Camp Dreamcatcher Teams with Inspyr
Order inspirational message socks, headbands, wristbands etc, and Camp Dreamcatcher will receive 5% of your order! Just click the banner above and start shopping!
The Latest News
- Kennett Lions Club Fright Feast Event Mark your calendars for this year’s Fright Feast on Saturday, October 20! The Fright Feast is a unique Halloween themed evening of food and fun to raise funds for worthy causes and organizations in our community. It’s an eerily enchanting evening to enjoy… delicious food prepared by Serock Catering open bar for beer and wine unique and interesting ...
- New Counselor Training for Camp Dreamcatcher Camp Dreamcatcher will be training its new Counselors in Kennett Square, PA in July. Details will be posted as soon as they become available!
- Eat at Grain Kraft Bar + Kitchen to Help Camp Dreamcatcher Fork Support @ Grain Print the coupon at http://campdreamcatcher.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/grain_coupon.pdf, take it to Grain Kraft Bar + Kitchen anytime on July 31, and Grain will donate 20% of your bill to Camp Dreamcatcher! July 31 Grain Craft Bar + Kitchen 108 W. State St. Kennett Square, PA 19348
- Kennett Brewing Company Trivia Night Event to Benefit Camp Dreamcatcher Join us for Trivia Night with Rob Mastrippolito… complete with bad jokes and prizes. Come support Camp Dreamcatcher! June 12 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Kennett Brewing Company 109 S. Broad St., Ste 2 Kennett Square, PA
- Annual Camp Dreamcatcher Summer Fundraising Event This year we are dreaming big! Our goal is to raise at least $40,000 at our annual event to support our FREE therapeutic and educational programs for HIV/AIDS impacted youth. Camp Dreamcatcher has been offering free therapeutic and educational programs to HIV/AIDS impacted youth for over twenty-two years. Date: June 2, 2018 Time: 6:00 – 9:00 pm Northbrook ...