Camp Dreamcatcher has been providing free therapeutic and educational programs for HIV/AIDS infected and/or affected youth for over 20 years. We invite you to enter our site and learn more about our organization and the children and adolescents served by Camp Dreamcatcher. We offer a safe, accepting and loving community for children coping with HIV/AIDS.
2018 Camp Dreamcatcher
Camp this year will be Aug. 19-25, 2018 at Camp Saginaw. Camp forms for campers and volunteers are available – CLICK HERE!
Save the Date for Our Annual Summer Fundraising Event!
This year’s event will be on June 2 at the Northbrook Marketplace in West Chester, PA, from 6:00 – 9:00 P.M. CLICK HERE for details on tickets and Sponsorship Opportunities, and stay tuned for details on our amazing silent auction, raffle, entertainment and MORE!
Is HIV/AIDS Still a Problem?
One of the most frequent questions Camp Dreamcatcher gets about camp is: “Is HIV still really an issue??” As the most recent reports from the CDC show (see links below), the answer is “Yes!” These articles have nationwide stats and breakdowns, and indicate some alarming trends. Help us get the word out, and help people to understand that while treatments have gotten better, HIV/AIDS continues to be a problem.
AALAS Serves: Fighting HIV/AIDS: Educate, Advocate, and Eradicate by Letitia R. Cheatham appeared in the AALAS membership magazine, Laboratory Animal Science Professional, December 2017, and is reprinted by permission.
Camp Dreamcatcher 2017 Camp Week
We had another great week at Camp Dreamcatcher this year! Click the photo at right for a look back at some of the highlights! And of course we couldn’t have done it without all our wonderful volunteers and supporters – everyone at Camp Dreamcatcher thanks you sincerely!
Camp Dreamcatcher in the News – 2017
- Love is Medicine at Camp Dreamcatcher (Chester County Press, Aug. 29, 2017)
- Biomedical Researchers Try Out New Mobile Game About HIV at Camp Dreamcatcher (Chester County Press, Aug. 29, 2017)
About Charlotte’s Circle
Charlotte Bartlett, who was instrumental in encouraging Patty Hillkirk to create Camp Dreamcatcher in 1995, passed away recently. Charlotte’s spirit touched many hearts, and it is our hope to capture that spirit in “Charlotte’s Circle,” which will support the therapeutic programs and services offered by Camp Dreamcatcher. Click Here for Details!
Camp Dreamcatcher Is Now an Official KidCents Charity!
KidCents is a program created by The Rite Aid Foundation that allows Rite Aid customers to round up their purchases to the nearest dollar and donate their change to help support kid-focused charities. Camp Dreamcatcher will now be listed as an official KidCents charity on kidcents.com. Through KidCents, Rite Aid customers can elect to round up their Rite Aid purchases and donate their change to an official KidCents charity!
For information on how you can sign up for the Rite Aid wellness + with Plenti program to help Camp Dreamcatcher, just visit http://www.kidcents.com and click the blue “Start rounding up today” button on the left. Signing up is quick and easy! Then all you have to do is shop at Rite Aid, and all your purchases will be rounded up to the nearest dollar, with your change going to help the kids at Camp Dreamcatcher. For detailed signup instructions, Click Here.
Pura Vida, which makes bracelets in Costa Rica, has designed a special Camp Dreamcatcher bracelet! Order yours now for $6 ($5 each for orders of 2 or more). Click Here!
Camp Dreamcatcher Teams with Inspyr
Order inspirational message socks, headbands, wristbands etc, and Camp Dreamcatcher will receive 5% of your order! Just click the banner above and start shopping!
The Latest News
- Annual Camp Dreamcatcher Summer Fundraising Event This year we are dreaming big! Our goal is to raise at least $40,000 at our annual event to support our FREE therapeutic and educational programs for HIV/AIDS impacted youth. Camp Dreamcatcher has been offering free therapeutic and educational programs to HIV/AIDS impacted youth for over twenty-two years. Date: June 2, 2018 Time: 6:00 – 9:00 pm Northbrook ...
- Guest Bartending Night to Benefit Camp Dreamcatcher Camp Dreamcatcher staff and volunteers will be guest bartenders! Cash tips and proceeds from the silent auction will support Camp Dreamcatcher’s FREE programs for HIV/AIDS impacted youth. January 21, 2018 6-9 PM Kennett Brewing Company (109 S. Broad St., Suite 2, Kennett Square, PA. Phone: (610) 444-0440) PLUS free entertainment by the duo FnZ (Michael Feuda and Paul Zotter) http://www.paulzotterrocks.com/fnz-acoustic-duo.html
- John Flynn’s Holiday Concert for Camp Dreamcatcher! Award-winning singer-songwriter and activist John Flynn will once again perform a benefit concert for Camp Dreamcatcher! December 13, 2017 8:00 PM (Doors open at 7:30 PM) Sellersville Theatre, 24 W Temple Ave, Sellersville, PA 18960 Don’t miss out on a great evening with a talented artist and a chance to help Camp Dreamcatcher! Visit https://www.st94.com/event/1583118-john-flynn-sellersville/ for details and ticket information! For three and ...
- Camp Dreamcatcher in the News 2017 Love is Medicine at Camp Dreamcatcher (Chester County Press, Aug. 29, 2017) – Visit http://www.chestercounty.com/2017/08/29/153600/love-is-medicine-at-camp-dreamcatcher Biomedical Researchers Try Out New Mobile Game About HIV at Camp Dreamcatcher (Chester County Press, Aug. 29, 2017) – Visit http://www.chestercounty.com/2017/08/29/153593/biomedical-researchers-try-out-new-mobile-game-about-hiv-at-camp-dreamcatcher
- LuLaRoe Pop-up Sale Benefitting Camp Dreamcatcher! Come out and check out a great selection of LuLaRoe clothing in all different shapes, sizes, and patterns! A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Camp Dreamcatcher. The event is May 5, 2017, from 5:00 – 8:00 pm at the Market at Liberty Place in Kennett Square. Give yourself a Cinco de Maya ...