VISION, MISSION AND CORE VALUES
- To foster an environment of tolerance, compassion, respect, and understanding of those whose lives have been touched by HIV/AIDS.
- Camp Dreamcatcher provides safe, therapeutic and educational programs to HIV/AIDS impacted youth and their families.
Safety, Respect, Acceptance, Inclusivity, Friendship and Love
- We provide a physically and emotionally safe environment in which HIV/AIDS impacted youth can be themselves;
- We promote values of inclusivity and mutual respect to encourage acceptance and the celebration of differences;
- We forge friendships that last a lifetime;
- Finally, we believe that unconditional love fosters compassion and understanding for one another.
Camp Dreamcatcher Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Task Force
The Camp Dreamcatcher Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Task Force is comprised of volunteers and staff members. Camp Dreamcatcher’s Diversity & Inclusion Task Force Goals:
- Conducting an Equity Assessment of the organization.
- Engaging all staff and stakeholders in conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Review and update policies, processes, systems, and trainings to promote values of inclusivity and mutual respect and to encourage acceptance and the celebration of differences.
- Update Website to include DEI Plan
- Update the HIV/AIDS & Diversity Counselor Training to include components on racism, systemic racism, white privilege, hidden curriculum, racial trauma, DEI, Trauma-Informed Programming at Camp Dreamcatcher.
- COVID-19 Safety & Equity at Camp Training