HIV/AIDS Outreach & Education
Each year, Camp Dreamcatcher staff and volunteers provide HIV/AIDS education and outreach to over 50 sites and 10,000 people. Topics covered during outreach programs can include HIV/AIDS education, an overview of our programs, a screening of “Tiny Tear” (a documentary film which features Camp Dreamcatcher, or information on how to support someone coping with HIV/AIDS. Members of our “Teen Speaker’s Bureau” are available to share their personal stories about the impact of HIV/AIDS in their lives. Programs are offered to middle schools, high schools, community groups/clubs and organizations.
The goals of our Education and Outreach programs include:
- To provide accurate information about HIV/AIDS and to dispel the myths associated with the disease.
- To reduce the stigma associated with the disease by exploring attitudes and values regarding this issue.
- To increase tolerance, compassion, respect, and understanding of those whose lives have been touched by HIV/AIDS.
- To identify youth impacted by HIV/AIDS in need of our programs.
- To find volunteers for our programs.
Email Patty Hillkirk at email@example.com or call the office at 610-925-2998 to schedule an education & outreach program at your school, group, or organization.